I did fucking google it and got a few pages that didn't help much - in
hindsight I should've googled for just 'lightbox' instead 'lightbox
pattern'. As I'm not interested in googling for anyway for the sole
sake of trying to help out on this list, a question like this could
include a link with an example of some explanation.