We could change that a bit.
But only if the pagelink was not created with an page instance already
Because if you use the contructor:

new PageLink("xx", myPageInstance)

then we really need to serve that page instance..

Maybe if we added a method to IPageLink so that we can ask what it really has (the class or the page)
then we can decide what to do.

For example you can also give your own IPageLink instance in the constuctor.

But all this doesn't really help the stateless nature of the page.
it doesn't help the page where the PageLink is on
And it doesn't help the page that is set as response page (except the redirect that can the page make statefull)

johan

On 8/11/06, Jean-Baptiste Quenot <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
* Eelco Hillenius:

> It's an optimization.

So you confirm that PageLink is not optimized for stateless
webapps.

Reading the PageLink code, I wonder why setResponsePage(Page) is used instead
of setResponsePage(Class):

        public void onClick()
        {
                // Set page source's page as response page
                setResponsePage(pageLink.getPage());
        }

Why not writing:

        public void onClick()
        {
                // Set page source's page as response page
                setResponsePage(pageLink.getPageIdentity());
        }

I intend to write the result of our discussion on the Wiki page,
to give concrete examples:
http://www.wicket-wiki.org.uk/wiki/index.php/Stateless_pages
--
     Jean-Baptiste Quenot