I think I already know what I did wrong. I put passed the Track to the
page through the session object and then invoke
setResponsePage(TrackMapPage.class).

Instead I should construct a new TrackMapMage object with the track and
call setResponsePage with that object. So:

   setResponsePage(new TrackMapPage(track));