"as martijn says do use the normal invalidate() method and dont call
invalidateNow directly."
I tried both options, no success.

"Then that will not work becaus that form has a call back to the
page that is created in a wicket session that was invalidated. "
Exactly, when the login form is submitted,
DefaultRequestTargetResolverStrategy.resolveRenderedPage cannot find the
page
since the session has been invalidated.

So, at the end of the day, no solution?