I think 2.0 will still be out for a month or 3-4. It depends on what
features we find missing, what works and not, and how many bugs need
to be solved from the moment we hit beta. It would be a drag for 2.0
to be half baked so to speak, requiring another API overhaul in a
couple of months.

The API will change constantly, but not dramatically. i.e. I seriously
doubt that *all* components will have to change again. But some minor
things are bound to change.

It is a matter of time and willingness to change your application to
the latest and greatest: is your project due in 1 year or in 4 months?

We would love it when people are going to build their applications
based on 2.0 code (i.e. what is currently in svn/trunk). This way we
get feedback on the api and will be able to fix it, and make the api
more mature, making changes to the api in later versions less likely
and intrusive.

Martijn

On 8/24/06, Otan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> There's a project that I would like to start but I like to use Wicket 2.0
> for this. May I know when will the team release the first beta of Wicket
> 2.0? So that I can decide whether to wait for the version 2.0 or just start
> my project using 1.x.

Download Wicket 1.2.1 now! Embed Wicket components in your portals!
-- http://wicketframework.org