Both? :-)  You could try doing a Wiki page & seeing how much ends up
being code, vs code & text?

If code then possibly as a part of wicket-examples (although the I
don't know if server-side requirements might rule that out) or a
standalone one as a project below wicket-stuff?  For that, personally
I'd start with the wicket-template or the maven archetype rather than
quickstart, as they're already stripped down Maven2 setups, but
whatever you feel will be simplest for you!

/Gwyn

Download Wicket 1.2.1 now! - http://wicketframework.org