On 25.8.2006, at 8.17, David Russell wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am currently trying to build some Wicket based Portlets. The sample
> portlet provided works great. Now I'm trying to convert the sample
> TabbedPanel application found in wicket.example.compref into a
> PortletApplication.
>
> So far the tabbed page mechanism is working in my portlet, however, I
> can not see how to pick up the style sheets effects on the tabs within
> the portlet.
>
> The html template page for the TabbedPanel WebApplication includes the
> following markup:
>
> <head>
> <link  rel="stylesheet"  type="text/css"  href="style.css"  />
> </head>
>
> As it is not permitted to include <head> information in the html
> template page for a portlet I can not see how I can associate
> style.css
> with my portlet html template page.
>
> Can anyone explain how to apply stylesheets to Wicket portlets?
>
> Thank you for your help,
> David

Hi,

I haven't really tested it, but stripping away the <head>-tags should
work (even if it is against the html spec), and use the bare link tag
in the beginning of the PortletPage html. Another way is to stick the
css inline into the html code.

I'm going to do a automated way to do this, so components having
header contributions really work automagically, but that is a work in
progress and I'm going to do it next week.

Janne