I tried to reproduce the problem but I could not succeed (many things
have changed in the application). However, I could experienced the
erratic behaviour of IE6.

The page has a constructor with an int argument, and I added a counter
to see how many times the constructor is called :

  static int count;
  public BasePage(final int page) {
     System.out.println(">>>>>>>>>>>>>> " + count++);

I Firefox, it get called once for each page load and the url is :

http://localhost:8080/ceagrap/app

In IE6 :

It get called a variable number of times for the first load (ranging
from 5 to 19) and twice for each reload. The final url is something like:

http://localhost:8080/ceagrap/app?wicket:bookmarkablePage=wicket-17:com.volgadev.cea.pages.HomePage

Note that I restart the server and clear the cache and cookies between
each try.

If I do not restart the server (JBoss) but only redeploy the app, the
page constructor get called one time more at each try. (typically 8
times for first load, redeploy the 9 times, redeploy, 10 timest etc.
Page reload make the constructor called twice on each try.)

This reminds me of an old bug in IE that caused some PDF document

Pierre-Yves