The Wicket team is proud to announce the availability of Wicket 1.2.2, the second maintenance release for Wicket 1.2.

This release contains several bug fixes, and some major improvements by receiving backported components from our 2.0 branch, most notably: modal window support and a fully ajaxified Tree and TreeTable. These components can be found in the Wicket Extensions package.

Wicket 1.2.2 is a drop-in replacement for Wicket 1.2 and Wicket 1.2.1, however we urge you to test before you put things into production, especially if you are using prototype.js and Wicket ajax. We have put a lot of effort into testing the compatibility between Wicket ajax and prototype, but you may never be sure.

Download
The Wicket 1.2.2 release can be downloaded from the sourceforge.net servers at a location near you. Follow the next link to go to the downloads page:
     http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=119783

Roadmap
The Wicket roadmap is as follows (no dates available). Our main development effort will focus on Wicket 2, which will be Java 5 based. For providing support to those projects already in production or that are bound to Java 1.4, we will continue development of Wicket 1.x, which will consist mainly of backported functionality from Wicket 2 and bug fixes. The next minor release for these projects will be Wicket 1.3.

List of changes in Wicket 1.2.2

o Wicket
    - Added Application.exists() and Session.exists() to check for existence of threadlocals
    - Backported 2.0 CompressedPackageResource and CompressedPackageResourceReference
    - Backported 2.0 _javascript_ console (much faster)
    - New wicket-ajax _javascript_ with support for channels
    - default validator rethrows any exception as ConversionException
    - Opened up MarkupParser so that it can be used by other components
    - Close input stream in AbstractResourceStream.asString()
    - CryptedUrlWebRequestCodingStrategy is spammy
    - Support for showing expired page from an AJAX request, through identification. This replaces the fix for issue 1528244 in a more generic way.
    - Error page no longer alters the url so the refresh button will rerun the code that caused the error
    - RestartResponseAtInterceptPage(Class) will now generate bookmarkable urls
    - Implemented ajax support for palette
    - Support for conditional comments such as <!--[if IE]>..<![endif]-->
    - AjaxLink can now be attached to anything that supports onclick
    - Link.getBefore/AfterDisabledLink() now behave properly when overridden
    - Dynamic resource support for portlets
    - Navigate to another page from ajax request (in other words break out of the ajax request). Like: public void onClick(AjaxRequestTarget target){ setResponsePage(LinksPage.class ); }
    - Render number of rows properly on ListChoice

 o Wicket Extensions
    - Backported AJAX header contribution code from 2.0.
    - Backported 2.0 Modal Window
    - Backported 2.0 Ajax enabled Tree and TreeTable
    - Fixed markup-id issue of datepicker so it works with ajax
    - Backported 2.0 wicket-ajax.js compatible version of the autocomplete

Have fun!
 - The Wicket Team

--
Download Wicket 1.2.2 now! Embed Wicket components in your portals!
-- http://wicketframework.org