Korbinian Bachl wrote:
> Hi Anders,
>
> i heard much about WebObjects, and have a qustion: is it true, that you need
> apple (OS) in order to run it ? - where here with Windows/ Linux
> environments....

Not at all. I use version 5.2.4. It has official support for development
tools on Mac and Windows and deployment on Mac, Windows and Solaris. You
can run it on any j2se (1.4) platform. Many use Linux.

About a year ago Apple released 5.3:
1) Development environment mas made part of Apple's Xcode, and
distributed for free.
2) Deployment license is bundled with Mac OS X Server.
3) Officially Apple only supports their own hardware and OS. There are
very good open source tools (better than Apple's) that support
development on any platform, and you can deploy on any platform, but you
have to buy Mac OS X Server to get a deployment license.

Recently at WWDC Apple made some new announcement. I don't know exactly
what it was. All I know is this:

http://lists.apple.com/archives/webobjects-dev/2006/Aug/msg01144.html

/Anders