only with the "current" code (the seperated convertValue()) it is possible to kill the updateModel() code
because before that we needed the updateModel() because that did the conversion...
But now that is handled differently we could also kill the updateModel() call.

johan

we do that already a long time, maybe even from the beginning.

johan