* Igor Vaynberg:

> why not use  a dao layer to abstract the  persistence - that way
> it can also be pluggable

JCR and Jackrabbit rock, I've been using it with Cocoon, and it's
great.  However I don't think it's a good idea to have an
abstraction of the persistence, because:

1) JCR is already an abstraction of a storage API

2) the JCR nodes can have multi-valued properties, and they can
   also point to other nodes in the repository...  That is not so
   easy to implement in a RDBMS.

I'd be glad if Jackrabbit could make its way into Wicket Stuff!
--
     Jean-Baptiste Quenot
aka  John Banana Qwerty