filter toolbar was not meant to be embedded in another form because it uses a form of its own, so for right now i would say that usecase is not supported. please add an rfe for it.

if you want one right now then you have to create your own variant that doesnt use an embedded form. it would be pretty much a copy and paste job of the current toolbar but w/out the form.

-Igor