Alex Objelean wrote:
>    The logic is simple: if you check a node - the checked Role is added to
> the list of selected Roles, otherwise it is removed from the list. At the
> same time, if you check a child - all the ancestors changes theirs state to
> intermediate (if their current state is unchecked, otherwise it doesn't
> change it's state). The intermediate state has the same meaning as unchecked
> state (its only purpose is to visually inform user about the implicit Roles
> are assigned to the list of selected Roles).
It sounds to me like the model (data) is that of a standard checkbox,
True or False. The intermediate state is only a visual cue for the user
to represent a 'True' value higher up the hierarchic.

If this is the case, why don't you use standard HTML Checkbox components
and use javascript to 'color', 'shade' or otherwise 'mark' the ancestors
of a checked parent?

- Jason B.