Hi,

I have done some work to locate the Spring application context in
another way. Both wicket-spring and wicket-spring-annot assume that the
application context can be obtained with
WebApplicationContextUtils.getRequiredApplicationContext(aServletContext).

Luckily, it is easy to write my own IWebApplicationFactory which does
the appropriate lookup and I am still able to extend
SpringWebApplication. Nevertheless, this does not work because
SpringComponentInjector also hardcodes a lookup of the application
context using WebApplicationContextUtils.

The code is like this:

public SpringComponentInjector(WebApplication webapp) {
                // locate spring's application context ...
                ServletContext sc =
webapp.getWicketServlet().getServletContext(
);

                final ApplicationContext ctx = WebApplicationContextUtils
                                .getRequiredWebApplicationContext(sc);

}

In other words, a redundancy. In my opinion, the code should be modified
as follows:

1. Add a new constructor which accepts the ApplicationContext as a
parameter.
2. Remove the existing constructor with the WebApplication OR document
it to use the WebApplicationContextUtils
   for retrieving the application context

What do you think?

Cheers
  Erik