i think that is a global default..

He does want to set the encoding based on the current request.
See my previous reply.

johan

On 9/6/06, Juergen Donnerstag <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
you may remember that we lots of issues before we did that because
browsers behave differently. If someone would search the mail archive
for wicket, there were some links to articles which nicely described
the issues associated.

>> It is already implemented The default is UTF-8 and can be configured
>> via getRequestCycleSettings().setResponseRequestEncoding(String)
>

>I do not want to use the default. I want to set the default
endcoding. I do not want > Wicket to set the default. I want Wicket to
use what I set.

"I don't want to use the default" => ok, set your own default

"I want to set the default endcoding": ok call
getRequestCycleSettings().setResponseRequestEncoding(String)

"I do not want Wicket to set the default. I want Wicket to use what I
set. ". Yes, call
getRequestCycleSettings().setResponseRequestEncoding(String)

What are you trying to say?

Juergen