Thank you for your help!!

I did it that way now:

public class MyDataTable extends DefaultDataTable
{

        public MyDataTable(String id, List columns, SortableDataProvider
dataProvider, int rowsPerPage)
        {
                super(id, columns, dataProvider, rowsPerPage);
        }

        protected Item newRowItem(String id, int index, IModel model)
        {
                return new MyOddEvenElement(id, index, model);
        }
}

public class MyOddEvenElement extends OddEvenItem
{
        private String CLASS_EVEN = "even";
        private String CLASS_ODD = "odd";
        private String ON_MOUSE_OVER = "this.className='litupRowOver';";
        private String ON_MOUSE_OUT_ODD = "this.className='odd';";
        private String ON_MOUSE_OUT_EVEN = "this.className='even';";

        public MyOddEvenElement(String id, int index, IModel model)
        {
                super(id, index, model);
        }
        protected void onComponentTag(ComponentTag tag)
        {
        super.onComponentTag(tag);
        tag.put("class", (getIndex() % 2 == 0) ? CLASS_EVEN :CLASS_ODD);
        tag.put("onmouseover", ON_MOUSE_OVER);
        tag.put("onmouseout", (getIndex() % 2 == 0) ? ON_MOUSE_OUT_EVEN :
ON_MOUSE_OUT_ODD);
        }
}

What do you think? Is that a reasonable approach?

/thomas

Gwyn Evans wrote:
> The problem you've not addressed is how you set the different
> 'onmouseout' functions in the repeater... I expect it can be done by
> extending the way that the OddEvenItem itself extends things, though.
>
> What I was thinking about was if there'd be a way of putting in a
> clear, leaving the "odd/even" being set on the <tr>?  While I don't
> know, I've got the impression that I'd run into issues as to what tags
> would actually be allowed where I'd need them in order to do that...
>
> /Gwyn
>
> On 06/09/06, Erik van Oosten <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> The combination won't work.
>>
>> Try this for the even rows:

>>                         onmouseover="this.className='litupRowOver';"
>>                         onmouseout="this.className='even';">
>>
>> and for the odd rows:

>>                         onmouseover="this.className='litupRowOver';"
>>                         onmouseout="this.className='odd';">
>>
>> I removed the class litupRow as it contains no style in your example. If
>> you want to maintain it do this:

>>                         onmouseover="this.className='litupRowOver';"
>>                         onmouseout="this.className='litupRow even';">
>>
>> and for the odd rows:

>>                         onmouseover="this.className='litupRowOver';"
>>                         onmouseout="this.className='litupRow odd';">
>>
>> There are also javascript functions available on the net that allow you
>> to add and remove classes from an element.
>>
>> Regards,
>>     Erik.
>>
>> --
>> Erik van Oosten
>> http://www.day-to-day-stuff.blogspot.com/
>>

>> Gwyn Evans schreef:
>>> I'm not sure enought of CSS and tables to be able to say if there's
>>> going to be any issues with trying to have both this and the Odd/Even
>>> classes working in the table row, though!
>>>
>>> /Gwyn

Thomas Küchenthal
Technical Director

- Business Domain Management -