I found out that the error happens only when I listen to the onload on BODY tag. Here is my quickstart to prove it: Quick Start

Set the date without refreshing, and then click on the link to refresh the panel. The js console will go:

Error: too much recursion
Source File: http://localhost:8080/quickstart/app/resources/wicket.extensions.markup.html.datepicker.DatePicker/calendar.js
Line: 1796

I need the onload for body as I need to load parts of the page after the initial load. Please help me solve this problem.