This is a known problem. Unfortunately, the tree column can't
automatically adjust the width according to the content. It's a
limitation of css and there's not much I can do about it.

I couldn't use <table> for treetable, as there are issues in IE and
opera when replacing table rows. Plus in FF it broke layout a bit. With
tables it could be (in theory) possible to have the column grow if the
text is too big, but there are other issues that prevented me from using
tables.

I could attempt to make the text in tree column not disappear (so that
it would be just cut), but I'm not sure it would work. We have to
support all major browser and each one has its quirks.

-Matej