Portlet support is still experimental, meaning there has not been real production class project based on it, but it is pretty much feature complete. There are some known features, and for sure some bugs left, but it mostly works.

Janne

On 7.9.2006, at 19.30, Eelco Hillenius wrote:

From what I now, portlet support is basic but works. There is an
example project in the wicket-1.x branch:
that you could take a look at.

Maybe Janne can tell a bit more about this. But he's in Spain for the weekend :)

Eelco

On 9/7/06, Juergen Donnerstag <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
The request should go to our mailing list I assume. There are users
with more portlet experience than I have.

Juergen

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Manuel Barzi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Sep 7, 2006 2:00 PM
Subject: Wicket WebApp as a Portlet (T-Systems - Barcelona)

Hi, Juergen,

I am on intetrating Wicket in an already started project here in
T-Systems, Barcelona. The final wicket-webapp I should end by the end
of october should be "wrapped" in a Portlet to be integrated in a
Portal "motorized" by LifeRay Portal Container. For the moment I am
introducing myself to Wicket, testing samples, and learning it bit by
bit.

The point is I been checking Wicket Site and found the following information:

"... the portlet examples have not been released yet. You can find
them in SVN until the time has been found to build a proper release
for it. The portlet support is still young and ..."

Then I SVNed Wicket and searched for portlet samples, but only Wicket
API and some XML files where containing the keyword "portlet". I
guess, then, that the Portlet Samples you mention in the snippet above
are in a different location, or not commited yet?

Please, let me know... I have to resolve this issue asap as a
condition to finally use Wicket or not in the project. I desire to use
Wicket, but first I have to check that it will allow me integrating
its nature webapp to the portlet container.

Thank you very much,

Salute you from Barcelona!

Manuel Barzi
Computer Solutions Engineer
T-Systems

DISCLAIMER: This e-mail contains propietary information some
or all of which may be legally protected. It is for the intended
recipient only. If an addressing or transmission error has
misdirected this e-mail, please notify the author by replying to
this e-mail. If you are not the intended recipient you must not use,
disclose, distribute, copy, print or relay this e-mail.

Janne Hietamäki
Teknologiajohtaja
Oy Cemron Ab

Osoite: