On 12.9.2006, at 19.03, Manuel Barzi wrote:

> When I try to use maven, I get the following error (and I have already
> setup the proxy as described in Wicket site):
>
> ---
> [INFO] Scanning for projects...
> [INFO]
> --
> [ERROR] FATAL ERROR
> [INFO]
> --
> [INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.
>
> GroupId: wicket
> ArtifactId: wicket-parent
> Version: 1.2-SNAPSHOT

>  wicket:wicket-parent:pom:1.2-SNAPSHOT
>
> from the specified remote repositories:
>  central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)
>

> [INFO]
> --
> [INFO] Trace
> org.apache.maven.reactor.MavenExecutionException: Cannot find
> parent: wicket:wic
> ket-parent for project: null:wicket-portlet-examples:war:null
>        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.getProjects
> (DefaultMaven.java:365) ...
> ---
>
> It might be my proxy... I guesss...

you have to do "mvn install" at the wicket-parent directory to get
the things up and running.

> So, what I do is to create a WAR using ANT...
>
>> "Exception: Error registering portlets for es.tsystems.nt.web"
>> sounds like
>> you're not deploying the real wicket portlet examples, may be you
>> should try
>> with that first?
>
> Cannot understand you... I do a WAR as mentioned before, then deployed
> it and LifeRay says: "portlet correctly loaded" ... when I check the
> console I can see "WicketServlet loaded..." .... but then there's the
> exception I alredy sent you.

What is this es.tsystems.nt.web anyway? The exception does not
mention wicket in any way, so I believe it's your war. I think you
should build the example-war and try to deploy that to see everything
is working properly.

>> Also, which version of wicket are you using? 1.2.2 is currently
>> the best
>
> Well, I am using 1.x, isn't it right?

that's fine.

Janne