I already tried this method, but it is called just before the user can
see the page. What I need is to do something when he leaves the page.

However, I think I have found an acceptable solution. I would make all
my data objects implements an interface (let's say Lockable) and retain
the last locked object in the session. That way, I can release the last
locked object on each new request (if needed). The risk is to have the
last object locked until the session expires, but that's acceptable in
my use case.

However, I red many times that big objects should not be put in the
session. Putting an object in the session is just a matter of retaining
a reference to it. So it should not cost much. Or do I miss something?

Pierre-Yves