There is no restriction on what to do on wicket stuff, as long as it is Wicket related and helps our community. I think both criteria are met: shades is for the greater good of the Java community at large and creating a demo project to utilize it with Wicket is a good showcase of what it can do.

Though I really don't mind a Wicket stuff project, I think that for Shades, it would be beneficial to create the same example in the various webframeworks out there. That would give other projects (Tapestry, JSF, etc.) a good feel about Shades. Or do you feel that using anything other than Wicket would taint Shades? :-)

Martijn