It depends whether you want to use component in a dialog or a separate page.

When using separate page (iframe) everything should work ok.

When using component, things are bit more complicated:

Non-working tab could be fixed I think, I'll have to look at that. Also
there was recently a bug fixed with selects not showing in modal dialog
in IE.
Plus you can't use regular submit. You have to use ajax for everything.

So If you need forms in modal dialog, I strongly suggest you using page
content with it.

-Matej