On our companion website you can find the Velocity integration
project, which hosts the VelocityPanel
(http://wicket-stuff.sourceforge.net/wicket-velocity-panel/index.html).

However the website is severely out of date (the code now lives in
subversion for example).

Your best bet would be to check out the project from subversion, and
build it yourself. You can find the instructions on how to do so on
the sourceforge.net pages
(http://sourceforge.net/svn/?group_id=134391).

The code for Wicket 1.2 lives inside the WICKET_1_2 branch.

Typically we encourge people to use Velocity panel for user editable
parts of your application. For instance in a CMS or a forum.

The main development is best done using Wicket itself. What would be
the point of using Wicket when you template everything using velocity?

Martijn

On 9/16/06, Willie Krause <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I have an existing application that uses velocity to render the UI. It would
> be nice if I can use some of my existing velocity markup in the new app
> (which will hopefully be written in wicket). Is there any documentation
> available on how to configure wicket to use velocity, I have read that it is
> possible?
>
> Also, how much of the benefit of using wicket will be lost if I choose to
> render my ui with velocity? Will I have to manually code some of the
> rendering logic in velocity for components that otherwise already know how to
> render themselves when using wicket templates? Is it advisable to rather
> switch my stuff to the component-based rendering?
>
> Some pointers to documentation, or general pro's and con's would be welcomed.
>
> Thx again
>
> Willie

Download Wicket 1.2.2 now! New Ajax components: Tree, TreeTable and ModalWindow
-- http://wicketframework.org