On 9/16/06, Scott Lusebrink <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
here is a sample of what i was doing, ( i don't have my code infront of me but i'll try to be close)
new BookmarkableLink(new MyPage())

new BookmarkableLink(MyPage.class);

class MyPage
public MyPage()
{

IModel choiceModel=new LoadableDetachableModel()  {
  Object load() { return

List options =DbUtil.getData()

}};
List selected = new ArrayList()
add(new Palette("palette",new Model(selected),choiceModel...)
}

now you dont create the page needlessly, and even if you do the data wont be loaded from db until the palette needs it.

-Igor

so if I have new bookmarkable link in a table wicket will go to the database and get data for every row of the table, instead of only getting the one set of data when you click the link.

Hope this clearifize my problem