It is working now, but I cannot tell you why. I deleted all my offline cached content and cookies, and once that was done, everything works as advertised. Not being too familiar with the javascript used for the modal window, could there have been some incompatibility between 1.2.1 and 1.2.2 as far as how cookies were managed or something along those lines? Or could by browser have cached an older version of the javascript file? I hate to program by coincidence, so I'd like to find the root of the problem. Are there any suggestions on how I can investigate this further? Now I'm at a point where I can't get the problem to recreate.

From: "Allen James" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: wicket-user@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Wicket-user] FW: ModalWindow problems in IE 6
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2006 18:17:15 -0500

I'm currently using version 1.2.2. I've tried running against the head
revision of 1.x out of the Subversion repository, but the issue still
remains.  One odd thing I noticed, I put the modal window link on my login
page and it will come up there as many times as I click on the link before I
actually login.  From that point forward, I get the Object doesn't support
this property or method error, even if I return to the login page.

I'm working now the quick start app to try and replicate the problem.

Regards,
Allen
I've ran into a scenario where I can use the ModalWindow in FF 1.5 with no
problems, but cannot get it to work in IE.  I've ran the samples in both
browsers and have had no problems, so I'm really baffled as to why this
won't work in my app.  In looking at the debugger, there is a difference
between the request, here is what comes up in FF which works:
INFO:
INFO: Initiating Ajax GET request on

/ess/app?wicket:interface=:2:adminLink::IBehaviorListener&wicket:behaviorId=0&random=0.2309236093421808
INFO: Invoking pre-call handler(s)...
INFO: Received ajax response (866 characters)
INFO:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><ajax-response><component
id="adminScreen" ><![CDATA[<div style="display:none" id="adminScreen">
         <ul>

         </ul>
document.getElementById("adminScreen_content");
var settings = new Object();
settings.minWidth=200;
settings.minHeight=200;
settings.className="w_blue";
settings.width="600";
settings.height="400";
settings.resizable=true;
settings.element = element;
settings.title="Documents/Links/Reminders Administration";
settings.mask="semi-transparent";
settings.onClose = function() { var

wcall=wicketAjaxGet('/ess/app?wicket:interface=:2:adminScreen::IBehaviorListener&wicket:behaviorId=1',

function() { }, function() { }); };
Wicket.Window.create(settings).show();
]]></evaluate></ajax-response>
INFO: Response parsed. Now invoking steps...
INFO: Response processed successfully.
INFO: Invoking post-call handler(s)...

Now here is what I see in IE.  The big difference I noticed is the random
parameter is not tacked on the URL.  I'm not sure if that is the cause of
the problem or not.

INFO:
INFO: initiating ajax GET request with...
INFO: url:
/ess/app?wicket:interface=:0:adminLink::IBehaviorListener&wicket:behaviorId=0
INFO: successHandler:function() { }
INFO: failureHandler:function() { }
INFO: received ajax response. 866 characters, envelope following...
INFO:
INFO: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><ajax-response><component
id="adminScreen" ><![CDATA[<div style="display:none" id="adminScreen">
         <ul>

         </ul>
document.getElementById("adminScreen_content");
var settings = new Object();
settings.minWidth=200;
settings.minHeight=200;
settings.className="w_blue";
settings.width="600";
settings.height="400";
settings.resizable=true;
settings.element = element;
settings.title="Documents/Links/Reminders Administration";
settings.mask="semi-transparent";
settings.onClose = function() { var

wcall=wicketAjaxGet('/ess/app?wicket:interface=:0:adminScreen::IBehaviorListener&wicket:behaviorId=1',

function() { }, function() { }); };
Wicket.Window.create(settings).show();
]]></evaluate></ajax-response>
ERROR: error while processing response: [object Error].Object doesn't
support this property or method
INFO: invoking failure handler...

Any help would be appreciated.

Windows Live Spaces is here! ItÂ’s easy to create your own personal Web site. http://spaces.live.com/signup.aspx