Yep. Che, directly writing tags is possible, not not something we
recommend, as besides the fact that you'll probably create an
unmaintainable mess for yourself, those tags would never be
'meaningful' in the sense that they could be interpreted as special
wicket tags, components, etc. There are a couple of components
however, that directly write themselves, like AbstractChoice. In the
end, it's your choice.