I've not tried to compile the phonebook app, but I do know that we use maven2, so that's probably your problem.

On Mon, 2006-10-02 at 12:08 -0700, Geoff hendrey wrote:
Hi,

Couple questions around adding Shades to the phonebook
example.  Are downloaders supposed to build the phonebook using Maven?
I just threw together an Ant build script after I downloaded the
phonebook example, but I just noticed under META-INF there is a maven
directory. Maybe I need to upgrade to maven 2, but Maven doesn't seem
to do anything if I go into the same directory as pom.xml and do
"maven". Anyway, just let me know what the right approach is, so that I
can integrate Shades in a consistent way.

Thanks a bunch,
geoff

Philip A. Chapman

Desktop and Web Application Development:
Java, .NET, PostgreSQL, MySQL, MSSQL
Linux, Windows 2000, Windows XP