On 10/2/06, Geoff hendrey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
OK, yes I needed to have maven 2.

Couple things though.
1) the src path is wrong in pom.xml (I will change that)

how do you figure?

sources are in src/java and src/conf and this is in pom.xml

        <sourceDirectory>src/java</sourceDirectory>
        <testSourceDirectory>src/test</testSourceDirectory>

looks right to me

2) I I'd like to restructure the pom so that WEB-INF/lib *is* the repo for this project.

no, this is not how maven is intended to be used.

It's a nice idea that maven has, that all the jars get downloaded, but when you find yourself on a transatlantic flight, you really just wish the darn repo was local

maven already has a local repo - think of it as a local cache of the remote repo. any time you need a dependency maven first checks if its already in the local repo, and if its not it downloads it into the local repo.

usually this repo is in ~/.m2/repository - check that

(plus it never works anyway, and even when it does you still are manually instructed to download certain jars, like the jta jar, by hand).

that is because sun is stupid - the license on jta.jar and friends does not allow redistribution so they cannot be put into a remote repo. what you do is drop them into your local repo and then everything works for any project.

-Igor

So, unless I hear opposition, I am going to make the changes I proposed, as well as adding the source files for shades, and adding the shades jar to the local rep for the project.

enjoi,
geoff