> In the phonebook app there is an EditContactPage that subclass
> BasePage that has a feedback panel. To the EditContactPage I added
> an AjaxSubmitLink that adds an address to a contact, I need to
> validate the address info in the onSubmit method so if it's invalid
> display a message in the feedbackpanel (which is outside the form
> that contains the submitting link). How could I do it?

Just set the message on your component, or work with a validator like
always, and get the feedback panel to be rendered. Now the problem is
that feedback panel doesn't get rendered if there are no messages, so
it can't be found in the client for replacement. If you wrap the
feedbackpanel in a span or diff, and schedule that for re-rendering,
it should work fine.