After a quick search for "mac os x utf-8 filenames subversion" I found this page, which fixes the problem.
http://www.snark.de/index.cgi/0003

Of course, I used:
env LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-8 svn

as my command instead of de_DE.UTF-8.

On 10/26/06, Caleb Land <[EMAIL PROTECTED] > wrote:
I removed my wicket working directory and tried checking out fresh, still no luck.