Hi Everybody,

I am currently evaluating several view frameworks for a large
enterprise application that is yet to be built. One of the primary
concerns of this application is response time. I have heard success
stories about Tapestry being deployed successfully in a similar
environment but have not been able to find similar references for
Wicket (beyond http://cwiki.apache.org/WICKET/#Index-SitesusingWicket).

I have a few questions:

1) Does anyone know of Wicket being used on a high traffic website?

2) What are some of the challenges related to scaling a Wicket
application (beyond the general servlet recommendations of being
stateless as long as possible, keeping the state small to facilitate
clustering, etc)?

3) Tapestry uses page and component pooling to help achieve higher
throughput... It doesn't appear like Wicket can employ such a
technique due to the framework allowing direct page and component
instantiation. Are pages and components so light weight pooling them
is not worth the disadvantages of not being able to pass parameters
via constructor or is this a known trade off?

Thanks for any information you can provide! I will be sure to post the
results of my investigation on this list in a week or two.

Ryan