Wicket can't do that getParameter conversion
It is tomcats stupid thing that you need to configure that extra in the connector configuration.
Others don't have to do that and do follow everything with the encoding the browser sends in.

So if you yourself want to do that then implement your own webrequest

johan

On 11/10/06, Carfield Yim < [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 11/9/06, Juergen Donnerstag < [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Wicket default is UTF-8. The problem is that e.g. Tomcat _requires_
> some specific configuration as well. Wicket can do anything about it.

I think the question I really try to do is can I assume the servlet
container default to some encoding, say for tomcat, the default is
"ISO-8859-1", so for the input request.getParameter() method, we
always add a wrapper like

            return s == null ? null : new
String(s.getBytes("ISO-8859-1"), charsetName);

and for the output, we write to a printwriter

            PrintWriter(new
OutputStreamWriter(response.getoutputstream(),Charsets.utf8()), true);

So that the user don't need to change the tomcat setting. And we never
find anyone have problem about that. I just wonder can I do similar
thing in wicket.