Why is the creation of a PortletApplication done in the
WicketPortlet, instead of the WicketPortletServlet?  It seems to me
that, more likely than not, if the application contains more than one
portlet, they'll end up sharing the session (they need to if there's
inter-portlet communication).  Was this done for a specific reason?

  On the same lines, why does WicketPortletServlet extend
WicketServlet?  Do they actually share executable code?  I tried
putting some breakpoints in WicketServlet but they didn't seem to
trigger, while breakpoints on WicketPortlet did.

  If there's no reason for the current inheritance setup, may I
suggest some changes?
- WicketPortletServlet could instantiate the PortletApplication (since
the app is shared amongst all Portlets)
- WicketPortlet could reference the home PortletPage instead of the
PortletApplication

    []s Gus