Inded, in my real application, I have many tabs (six)
and I want to jump from the tab with index 5 (contains
the link) to the tab with index 4 (probably not
displayed yet).
The flow in this situation is:
display the page with tabbed panel => jump to the tab
with index 5 => click on link => display the tab with
index 4 that contains my data table with the filter.
Your solution doesn't work for this flow.
Can you show my some lines of code?

Thanks,
Decebal

--- Igor Vaynberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> hmmmm
>
> i guess what you can do is let one ITab know about
> the other ITab by passing
> in a reference.
> then have ITabs cache the panel instance instead of
> always creating one.
> then when the second itab creates the panel it can
> pass the reference to the
> first itab into that panel so it can get to the
> panel/datatatble in the
> first tab.
>
> make sense?
>
> -igor
>

> On 11/17/06, Decebal Suiu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> >
> > I have a TabbedPanel with two tabs.
> > The first tab contains a panel with a data table
> > (DefaultDataTable with filter suport).
> > The second tab contains a panel with a link.
> > When I click on link I want to modify the filter
> from
> > the first tab and jump to the first tab.
> > For this, in the onClick() method I do:
> > MyPage myPage = getParent().getPage();
> > page.getTabbedPanel().setSelectedTab(0);
> > How can I retrieve the panel from the first tab to
> > call my method setFilter()?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Decebal

> > The all-new Yahoo! Mail beta
> > Fire up a more powerful email and get things done
> faster.
> > http://new.mail.yahoo.com

> > Take Surveys. Earn Cash. Influence the Future of
> IT
> > Join SourceForge.net's Techsay panel and you'll
> get the chance to share
> > your
> > opinions on IT & business topics through brief
> surveys - and earn cash

> Join SourceForge.net's Techsay panel and you'll get
> the chance to share your
> opinions on IT & business topics through brief
> surveys - and earn cash

http://www.techsay.com/default.php?page=join.php&p=sourceforge&CID=DEVDEV>

Sponsored Link

Online degrees - find the right program to advance your career.
Www.nextag.com