But www.google.com/wicket/Start.html by default would be the best of all worlds
:-) I put a question yesterday on how to use mounted urls repeatedly  without
breaking page session. I think it's important to make that possible.

-----Original Message-----
From: "Martijn Dashorst" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 14:42:00
To:wicket-user@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Wicket-user] Tapestry 5 instantaneous reloads

Don't underestimate the power of viral marketing for the Wicket
framework... having Wicket being part of every URL on the planet would
generate major mindshare.

Martijn

On 11/22/06, cowwoc <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>         heh, if I had to choose between:
>
> http://www.google.com/Start.html
>
>         and
>
> http://www.google.com/Main/Start?wicket:interface=:0::
>
>         I'd choose the first time time and time again. There is the interface
> part which I'd love to hide from users (they shouldn't ever be
> explicitly pasting that anyway because you'll end up with Page Expired)
> and there is also the fact that they don't seem to require some sort of
> base context path or there is some sort of "magic" going on to hide it.
> Either way it looks better than Wicket :)
>
> Gili
>
> Matej Knopp wrote:
> > Nice URLS?
> >
> > Well.. I don't know, to me it doesn't look that great. I mean it seem to
> > miss an information.  What happens if you open the page in multiple
> > browser windows? If the URL is same, how
> > will tapestry reconstruct the data?
> >
> > And also, does the Tapestry 5 finally supports dynamically changing
> > components hierarchy? Or nested components? Or is it still the [1]page
> > [0..n]Components approach?
> >
> > In Wicket the URLs will look much better in 2.0 than they look now - as
> > we will persist the mount path after requests, but it will take some
> > time to implement.
> >
> > -Matej
> >
> > cowwoc wrote:
> >>      Two questions about:
> >> http://howardlewisship.com/blog/2006/10/tapestry-5-screencast-2.html
> >>
> >> 1) How did they get "instantaneous" page reloads working?
> >> 2) How did they get their URLs to remain "nice" even though the
> >> underlying state is changing?
> >>
> >>      and what is the implications for Wicket? I suspect you guys have seen
> >> this before. Can you please comment on why Wicket does not do something
> >> similar? Is it something to do with the amount of client-side state they
> >> use?
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Gili

> >> Take Surveys. Earn Cash. Influence the Future of IT
> >> Join SourceForge.net's Techsay panel and you'll get the chance to share
> >> your
> >> opinions on IT & business topics through brief surveys - and earn cash
> >> http://www.techsay.com/default.php?page=join.php&p=sourceforge&CID=DEVDEV

for <a href="http://www.thebeststuffintheworld.com/stuff/wicket";>Wicket</a>
at the <a href="http://www.thebeststuffintheworld.com/";>Best Stuff in
the World!</a>