On 23/11/06, Carfield Yim <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > You're missing one of the strong points (for me) of iBatis!  Simply
> > enable Debug level logging for the java.sql loggers,
> > e.g.
> >     log4j.logger.java.sql=DEBUG
> >
> > or if you want to fine tune it...
> >     log4j.logger.java.sql.Connection=DEBUG
> >     log4j.logger.java.sql.Statement=DEBUG
> >     log4j.logger.java.sql.PreparedStatement=DEBUG
> >     log4j.logger.java.sql.ResultSet=DEBUG
> >
> > and all becomes very clear!
> >
> > For Wicket, I typically set that to Info, or if I need to check things
> > at more detail, I find that setting
>
> I tried that before but it just not working for me. May be I need to
> turn on debug option of log4j to investigate but I just wrap jdbc call
> with p6spy proxy and log there.

Fair enough, if it works for you.  I just checked the docs again and
noticed the following - Could it be anything like that involved your
case?

"The internal log factory will delegate logging information to one of
the following log implementations:
   1. Jakarta Commons Logging (JCL – NOT Job Control Language!)
   2. Log4J
   3. JDK logging (JRE 1.4 or greater required)

The logging solution chosen is based on a runtime introspection by the
internal iBATIS log factory.  The iBATIS log factory will use the
first logging implementation it finds (implementations are searched in
the above order).  If iBATIS finds none of the above implementations,
then logging will be disabled.Many environments ship JCL as a part of
the application server classpath (good examples include Tomcat and
WebSphere).  It is important to know that in such environments, iBATIS
will use JCL as the logging implementation.  In an environment like
WebSPhere this will mean that your Log4J configuration will be ignored
because WebSphere supplies its own proprietary implementation of JCL.
This can be very frustrating because it will appear that iBATIS is
ignoring your Log4J configuration (in fact, iBATIS is ignoring your
Log4J configuration because iBATIS will use JCL in such environments).

If your application is running in an environment where JCL is included
in the classpath but you would rather use one of the other logging
implementations you can select a different logging implementation by
calling one of the following methods (this is only available in iBATIS
version 2.2.0 and later):
  com.ibatis.common.logging.LogFactory.selectLog4JLogging();
  com.ibatis.common.logging.LogFactory.selectJavaLogging();

If you choose to call one of these methods, you should do so before
calling any other iBATIS method. Also, these methods will only switch
to the requested log implementation if that implementation is
available
on the runtime classpath. "

/Gwyn
--