Hi Jesper,

I agree and also think this is not correct. You can create a JIRA issue
here: http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET
Its more likely to get fixed quickly if you have a patch.

Please add a link to the issue on the wiki page.

Regards,
     Erik.

Jesper Preuss schreef:
> [...]
> of [testdata]
> Looking for theform.messagedata it will use this order of checking:
> 1. Page.properties, theform.messagedata
> 2. Page.properties, formId.theform.messagedata (tries to add id = formId )
> 3. Form.properties, theform.messagedata
> 4. Application.properties, theform.messagedata
> 5. Application.properties, formId.theform.messagedata
> 6. does not find anything and will not change the [testdata] or
> "defaultValue" if using defaultValue in ResourceModel
>
> Checking order using: <div wicket:id="theform.resourcedata" />
> Using --> new StringResourceModel("theform.resourcedata", form, null)
> Looking for theform.resourcedata it will use this order of checking:
> 1. Page.properties, theform.resourcedata
> 2. Page.properties, formId.theform.resourcedata (tries to add id = formId )
> 3. Form.properties, theform.resourcedata
> 4. Application.properties, theform.resourcedata
> 5. Application.properties, formId.theform.messagedata
> 6. Will throw an exception --> java.util.MissingResourceException:
> Unable to find resource: theform.resourcedata for component: loginForm
>
> Checking order using: <div wicket:id="theform.resourcedata" />
> Using --> new ResourceModel("theform.resourcedata")
> Looking for theform.resourcedata
> 1. Page.properties, theform.resourcedata
> 2. Page.properties, formId.theform.resourcedata (tries to add id = formId )
> 3. Form.properties, theform.resourcedata
> 4. Application.properties, theform.resourcedata
> 6. Will throw an exception --> java.util.MissingResourceException:
> Unable to find resource: theform.resourcedata for component: loginForm
>
> I have testet with a locale or with only default locale. This is very
> advanced, there is many things to lookout for. I have found out it
> will fir search for Page_locale.properties and then if it's not found
> look for Page.properties.
>
> But what I'm asking for is, if Wicket is looking for "user.version"
> and it finds the file Page_locale.properties. And the "user.version"
> is not in this file it will never look in Page.properties for the
> property. I would think it should.
>
> Why does it ignore Page.properties if the property is not in
> Page_locale.properties ? It will try to use Page.properties only if it
> does not find Page_locale.properties ?
>
> On 12/4/06, Erik van Oosten <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Interesting. Can you see what happens if the *_en.properties file is not
>> there?
>> Perhaps we need to change the text on the wiki, or else we should file
>> an issue in Jira.
>>
>> Regards,
>>      Erik.
>>

>> Jesper Preuss schreef:
>>
>>> I have a question about what Wicket should traverse properties files
>>> and what it does.
>>>
>>> Take a look in
>>> http://cwiki.apache.org/WICKET/i18n-and-resource-boundles.html
>>> here it says Wicket will look in properties files according to this:
>>> 2. then MyPanel.properties
>>> 3. MyPage_locale.properties
>>> 4. then MyPage.properties
>>> 5. MyApplication_locale.properties