On 12/17/06, Nick Heudecker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Somewhere you're holding a reference to the thoof.model.Story object, which
> is (or is attempted to be) serialized along with the referencing component
> to the user's session.  You should look into detachable models to get around
> this.  There are other ways to do it, but understanding detachable models in
> Wicket will make your life easier.
>
> Let me know if you still have questions.

Thanks for the help Nick, you were right, and with the help of
mr_smith on ##wicket, I was able to solve the problem - which
essentially boiled down to me not using Models where I should be using
Models.

The fact that there are people so willing to provide advice and help
is a big vindication for my decision to go with Wicket for my current
project, and bodes well for Wicket's future - thanks!

An unrelated question:

I'm currently using Wicket 1.2.2.  I know the current version is
1.2.3, and there is a 2.0 in the works.  My project is scheduled for
launch around April of next year, and we have used Quickstart as a
starting point.  Should we be thinking about upgrading now or later?
Are there major advances in these new versions?

Ian.