you can already substitute your own implementation of IMultipartWebRequest
globally. the ajax-upload-progressbar does it

-igor

> IMHO, linking FileUploadField-s (which we need to browse for the correct
> input file in the browser) with the specific (FileUpload, File)
> implementation of the results of the multi-part HTTP POST streams
(created
> when the form is submitted) is too strong (and limiting) for a "generic"
> [and the only available!] contract for multi-part HTTP POST streams in a
> generic-purpose web framework like wicket. So, I'd suggest either
leaving
> things the way they are (FileUploadField-s will return null for
FileUpload
> when File upload is not used) or eliminating those FileUpload-related
> methods (let the user get this info from (IMultipartWebRequest)request
> instead), or creating an extra layer of objects (StreamUploadField-s,
which
> would be a super-class for FileUploadField-s without FileUpload-related
> contract obligations). In the latter case, you'd give users those needed
> generic components that "look and feel" (and smell :) ) like files on
the
> client side, but are free for interpretation on the server side. Still,
> today's FileUploadField-s would be there as subclasses (in all their
> full-contract "glory") for backward compatibility...

In general this sounds good to me. It would be a great help to us if
someone (you) could provide us with a patch to make this concrete.
Without a patch, I'm afraid this would be on the bottom of our current
priority list (though we can do the change in Form anyway).