Sent:   Wednesday, January 17, 2007 12:46 PM
Subject:        UI Framework selection

C, I would like you to lead up the UI Framework prototyping project,
which is a prerequisite for BSC.  I would like you to work with Scott
Swank and J, who have also put in a lot of effort in research and
prototyping.

We have a couple weeks to dedicate to this, and a number of developers
to work on prototypes.  Our goal is to select the framework for BSC
and establish initial guidelines and directions for use.  Our
candidates are JSF Facelets and Wicket.  Wicket is the underdog, but I
want us to give it due consideration, as I like the approach.  I would
like to divide the group into two teams.  Primary criteria will be
ease (speed/complexity) of use, reuse and maintenance.  Consider
mainly the sorts of UI tasks necessary for BSC, but also consider
concierge style AJAX.   It would be best to come up with a single
"obstacle course" to run each framework through.

Primarily the team will be those that worked on hotels, with the
addition of K, and others optional, depending on need.

Please schedule a meeting tomorrow with me, Swank, R, J, B for us to
finalize our plan.

Thanks,
SM