Let me further explain the trouble that I'm struggling...

When I was still using ResourceStreamLocator, everything works fine. The I
just renamed ResourceStreamLocator to ResourceStreamFactory because it seems
that that's the only change to do in my part. Just renaming didn't work. I
did a necessary modification on my CustomResourceFactory according to what's
in the wicket examples but still getting the same error (see my original
post).

I don't know what I'm doing wrong. The following debug message is all I got:

DEBUG wicket.util.resource.UrlResourceStream - cannot convert url:
jndi:/localhost/ok/WEB-INF/wicket.html/packedge/homepage.html to file (URI
scheme is not "file"), falling back to the inputstream for polling

DEBUG wicket.util.resource.UrlResourceStream - cannot convert url:
jndi:/localhost/ok/WEB-INF/wicket.html/packedge/homepage.html to file (URI
scheme is not "file"), falling back to the inputstream for polling

DEBUG wicket.util.resource.UrlResourceStream - cannot convert url:
jndi:/localhost/ok/WEB-INF/wicket.html/packedge/homepage.html to file (URI
scheme is not "file"), falling back to the inputstream for polling

DEBUG wicket.util.resource.UrlResourceStream - cannot convert url:
jndi:/localhost/ok/WEB-INF/wicket.html/packedge/homepage.html to file (URI
scheme is not "file"), falling back to the inputstream for polling

ERROR wicket.RequestCycle - Markup of type 'html' for component '
packedge.HomePage' not found. Enable debug messages for
wicket.util.resourceto get a list of all filenames tried: ...
(trimmed)

Thanks for any help.

By the way, I think Jonathan is right that instead of the locate() method,
it's nicer to be named newXXX()