what you can do is make required field error message same for all fields
(not have ${label} or ${value} in the message) and then just filter messages
- filtering out duplicates

-igor

On 1/22/07, Peter Thomas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi,

One of the recent mailing-list messages had a very nice solution to add
css behavior so that error form fields get highlighted - e.g. red border.
(Thanks Igor!)

Now suppose I have a form + feedbackPanel with many fields that have the
RequiredValidator error.  Instead of showing a repetitive list of messages
corresponding to each of the fields that need input, I want to show a single
message like "Please enter required fields".  And the user can visually
identify the fields that need input as they will be highlighted.

And any other kind of errors (e.g. type conversion) need to be
individually listed in the feedback panel like usual.

I know that you can filter messages on a FeedbackPanel, but what I really
need is some way to pre-process the list of messages before displaying
them.  Is this possible?

Also, is there an easy way with a FeedbackMessage instance to determine if
the error is a "RequiredValidator" kind of error?

Thanks,

Peter.