is tmsMserver one of our threads?

-igor

Wicket is pretty efficient, so likely there is something very resource
heavy in your application, or there is a fat memory leak (resulting in
the VM having to do a lot of GC). Can you track down what happens? If
you use a profiler like the excellent YourKit
(http://www.yourkit.com/), you should be able to track down
bottlenecks and/ or memory leaks pretty quickly.

Eelco

On 1/26/07, Konstantinos Lazouras <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Thanks Martjin,
>
> your answer makes sense but doesn't actually solve my problem, which in
fact
> is that users complain that the wicket web-app is slow.
> A check with the server side shows that the thread for 'tmsMserver' is
> taking up 100% of CPU resource.
> After a restart of the server and a walk through, the slowness creeps
back
> almost immediately. All I get in the server log are exceptions like the
one
> I posted.
> I suppose what happens is users do something --> they wait --> they get
> bored --> they kill the request --> exception gets written.
>
> So, the main question is why the wicket application is slow?
> (also, in web.xml I have no specific statement for
development/deployment,

wrote:

> > Hi all,
> >
> > does anyone know why this exception appears at the logs?  (using
wicket
> > 1.2.3)
> >
> > 10:18:52,547 ERROR RequestCycle:1043 - Unable to render resource
stream

zip:/prod/applc/bea9/weblogic91/config/tmsdomain/./servers/tmsMserver/tmp/_WL_user/fc/2eqljk/war/WEB-INF/lib/wicket-
extensions-1.2.3.jar!/wicket/extensions/markup/html/datepicker/style/aqua/title-bg.gif
> > wicket.WicketRuntimeException: Unable to render resource stream

zip:/prod/applc/bea9/weblogic91/config/tmsdomain/./servers/tmsMserver/tmp/_WL_user/fc/2eqljk/war/WEB-INF/lib/wicket-
extensions-1.2.3.jar!/wicket/extensions/markup/html/datepicker/style/aqua/title-bg.gif
> >         at wicket.Resource.respond(Resource.java:279)
> >         at
> > wicket.Resource.onResourceRequested(Resource.java:135)
> >         at
> >
> wicket.request.target.resource.SharedResourceRequestTarget.respond(
SharedResourceRequestTarget.java:192)
> >         at
> >
> wicket.request.compound.DefaultResponseStrategy.respond(
DefaultResponseStrategy.java:49)
> >         at
> >
> wicket.request.compound.AbstractCompoundRequestCycleProcessor.respond(
AbstractCompoundRequestCycleProcessor.java:66)
> >         at
> >
> wicket.RequestCycle.doProcessEventsAndRespond(RequestCycle.java:902)
> >         at
> >
> wicket.RequestCycle.processEventsAndRespond(RequestCycle.java:934)
> >         at wicket.RequestCycle.step(RequestCycle.java:1010)
> >         at wicket.RequestCycle.steps(RequestCycle.java:1084)
> >         at wicket.RequestCycle.request(RequestCycle.java:454)
> >         at
> >
> wicket.protocol.http.WicketServlet.doGet(WicketServlet.java:219)
> >         at
> >
> javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:751)
> >         at
> >
> javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:856)
> >         at
> >
> weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper$ServletServiceAction.run(
StubSecurityHelper.java:225)
> >         at
> >
> weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper.invokeServlet(
StubSecurityHelper.java:127)
> >         at
> >
> weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.execute(ServletStubImpl.java
:272)
> >         at
> >
> weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.execute(ServletStubImpl.java
:165)
> >         at

weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext$ServletInvocationAction.run
(WebAppServletContext.java:3153)
> >         at
> >
> weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(
AuthenticatedSubject.java:321)
> >         at
> >
> weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(SecurityManager.java
:121)
> >         at
> >
> weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.securedExecute(
WebAppServletContext.java:1973)
> >         at
> >
> weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.execute(
WebAppServletContext.java:1880)
> >         at
> >
> weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.run(ServletRequestImpl.java
:1310)
> >         at
> >
> weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:207)
> >         at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:179)
> > Caused by:
> > java.net.SocketException: Broken pipe
> >         at
> java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite0(Native
> > Method)
> >         at
> >
> java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite(SocketOutputStream.java:105)
> >         at
> >
> java.net.SocketOutputStream.write(SocketOutputStream.java:149)
> >         at
> >
> weblogic.utils.io.ChunkedOutputStream.writeTo(ChunkedOutputStream.java
:185)
> >         at
> >
> weblogic.servlet.internal.ResponseHeaders.writeHeaders(
ResponseHeaders.java:346)
> >         at
> >
> weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletResponseImpl.writeHeaders(
ServletResponseImpl.java:1098)
> >         at
> >
> weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletOutputStreamImpl.sendHeaders(
ServletOutputStreamImpl.java:238)
> >         at
> >
> weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletOutputStreamImpl.flush(
ServletOutputStreamImpl.java:107)