It is possible that this is a simple misunderstanding.  I know that when I
first read the post regarding the renaming of packages, I had the same
response as the poster that my IDE would take care of fixing the places that
changed.  But, after reading the subsequent posts, I see that Johan is
referring to the html package getting renamed as well.

To be honest, I would say that package renames occur infrequently and the
java package rename is more extensive (due to updating other classes).  I
don't think it is a huge cost to have to rename two package trees, although
it does put more burden on the developer to remember to do it.

I have considered this same techniquie (multiple source paths or java and
html, to the same output path)for my project, but I haven't gotten around to
it yet.  I know that one argument is that when editting it is easier to have
them both in the same place, but even in Eclipse they are sorted to the
bottom away from the java files in the Package Explorer (granted they are
still close by...)  I had hoped to use WicketBench as my main Wicket editor,
but due to some of the problems I had been having with its integration with
the Java editor and debugging I have since stopped using it.  I mention it
because it might be possible to modify the Wicket Bench plugin to be able to
find the files on multiple source trees and present the user with one editor
thereby reducing the "easy to find" argument a notch.

Chuck