Greetings

 I have a problem with a DataTable component that I am trying to refresh
 following an Ajax event.

My page contains a 'DataTable' component, with a FilterToolbar added as
a topToolbar.
The table is displayed correctly. My page contains a modal window that I
use to edit the bean ; when I close the modal window, I want my table to
be refreshed.

So assuming the table component is available when I declare the button,
and after setting table.setOutputId to true , I do :

-----
AjaxSubmitButton save = new AjaxSubmitButton("save", EditForm.this) {

 @Override
 protected void onSubmit(AjaxRequestTarget target, Form form) {
        ModalWindow.close(target);
        target.addComponent(table);
 }

};
-----

This works fine as far as the table's row are concerned, except that the
filter field (the one rendered by the FilterToolbar) does not get drawn.

I tried to explicitely add the filterToolbar component to the target
(after setting it to output its ID), but then an exception was thrown,
complaining that components with setRenderBodyOnly set to true could not
be added to the target.
I tried to manually call setRenderBodyOnly on the toolbar, but it failed.

Afterwards, I tried the same thing with the AjaxFallbackDataTable ; the
problem was even worse, as when I would navigate from a part of the
table to the other, the "filter" field would disappear too. I suspect
this is because AjaxFallbackDataTable does the rendering of different
'pages' of the table using ajax, and the same problem occurs.

So, is there a way to refresh a FilterToolbar in a DataTable using an
Ajax event ? Or will I have to reload the entire page ?

Regards

--
Pierre-Henri Trivier
Solutions & Technologies