hmmm

it doesnt work because the url is cached by the autocomplete script. we need
to think of another way.

-igor

On 3/27/07, Jaime De La Jara <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Ok, I understand, now I'm including a striped down code version of the
problem. It contains an ant build file whose directory definition should be
changed, but apart from that I think it could run without trouble, I haven't
included style file so the autocomplete box is transparent but it's working.
If you take a look at the VendorsAutocompleteBehaviour.java file, you'll
see how the parameter is being recovered using document.getElementById.

Thanks,

Jaime.

*Igor Vaynberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>* wrote:

the reason i wanted a quickstart is so that i can see the problem in
runtime. what you have sent over does not compile when i drop it into
quickstart as it contains your app-specific classes/daos/validators which
you have not included.

-igor

On 3/26/07, Jaime De La Jara <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Ok, here it goes, though it's not complete quickstart, maybe it can help
> to show the context. The zip contains the page (index.html, Index.java)
> and the autocomplete field and behaviour. Hope it can help to find what's
> going on.
> Thanks again,
>
> Jaime.
>
> *Igor Vaynberg < [EMAIL PROTECTED]>* wrote:
>
> if you feel like creating a quickstart i can take a look at that
>
> -igor
>

> On 3/26/07, Jaime De La Jara < [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > No, it has one (returned by getMarkupId() and generated by
> > setOutputMarkup(true)).
> >
> > This is the generated html :
> >
> > <input value="" maxlength="16" type="text" class="tipo" size="12"
> > name="numero" id="numero">
> > <script> document.getElementById('numero').focus();</script>
> >

> > The strange thing is that if I set the value of the field in the model
> > so the page loads with the normal field populated, then the code works
> > returning the value I set in the page (in Java).
> >

> > It seems that the javascript is not getting the input typed in the
> > field.
> >

> > *Igor Vaynberg < [EMAIL PROTECTED]>* wrote:
> >
> > your textfield doesnt have an id attribute defined, so
> > docuement.getelemetnbyid is not finding it
> > -igor
> >

> > On 3/26/07, Jaime De La Jara < [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > >
> > > Sorry in the last post I had a type instead of limiter=1415 it
> > > should be numFact=1415, I'm using "numFact" as the request variable.
> > >
> > > *Jaime De La Jara < [EMAIL PROTECTED]> * wrote:
> > >
> > >  Igor, unfortunely I haven't been able to use the solution proposed.
> > > I copied and pasted the code for the getCallbackUrl method but it had a
> > > minor typo, but after I corrected and reloaded the page with the
> > > autocomplete field the browser (IE) throws a javascript error. The
following
> > > works (using a hard code value) :
> > >
> > > return super.getCallbackUrl () + "&limiter=1415";
> > >
> > > but If I use this :
> > >
> > > return super.getCallbackUrl () + "' + '&numeroFact=' +
> > > document.getElementById('numero').value + '";
> > >
> > > or
> > >
> > > return super.getCallbackUrl() + "&numeroFact=' +
> > > document.getElementById(\"numero\").value + '";
> > >
> > > I get an "" when getting the parameter from the request.
> > >
> > > The code generated in the page is the following :
> > >

> > > new Wicket.AutoComplete('indexForm_proveedores',

'/adm-facturas/app?wicket:interface=:4:indexForm:proveedores:-1:IUnversionedBehaviorListener&wicket:behaviorId=1&wicket:ignoreIfNotActive=true&limiter='
> > > + document.getElementById('numero').value + '');
> > >
> > > It seems the retrieval of the field is returning null !.
> > >
> > > The field is defined as follows in the page :
> > >
> > > <input wicket:id="numero" type="text" class="tipo" size="12">
> > >
> > > and in the Java code :
> > >
> > > add(new TextField("numero")
> > >               {
> > >                         public String getMarkupId()
> > >                         {
> > >                              return "numero";
> > >                         }
> > >                     }.add(new NumeroFacturaValidador()).
> > >                       add(StringValidator.maximumLength(12)).
> > >                       setOutputMarkupId(true).add(new
> > > FieldFocusBehavior()));
> > >

> > > I don't know what I'm doing wrong, any help would be greatly
> > > appreciated.
> > >
> > > Jaime.
> > >

> > > * Jaime De La Jara <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>* wrote:
> > >
> > > Absolutely !, thanks a lot Igor, I'll try it right now. I agree that
> > > is an uncommon use case and it doesn't deserve an api change and a custom
> > > solution is what is needed.
> > >
> > > Jaime.
> > >
> > > *Igor Vaynberg < [EMAIL PROTECTED]>* wrote:
> > >
> > > ok, this is a bit tricky but is def doable. i dont think this is a
> > > very common usecase, so i dont think we will create all the factories/etc
> > > for you to be able to do this out of the box because in most cases it will
> > > just be api bloat.
> > >
> > > that said, although not trivial it is still def very possible
> > >
> > > start with extending the autocompletebehavior
> > > override getcallbackurl and do something like
> > > return
super.getcallbackurl()+"+'&limiter='+document.getelementbyid('someid').value");

Mobile<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=43909/*http://mobile.yahoo.com/mail>and
connected<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=43909/*http://mobile.yahoo.com/mail>to friends.

http://www.techsay.com/default.php?page=join.php&p=sourceforge&CID=DEVDEV_______________________________________________

connected<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=43909/*http://mobile.yahoo.com/mail>to friends.

> > > ------------------------------
> > > Looking for earth-friendly autos?
> > >  Browse Top Cars by "Green
Rating"<http://autos.yahoo.com/green_center/;_ylc=X3oDMTE4MGw4Z2hlBF9TAzk3MTA3MDc2BHNlYwNtYWlsdGFncwRzbGsDZ3JlZW5jZW50ZXI->at
 Yahoo! Autos' Green Center.

> > > ------------------------------
> > > The fish are biting.
> > >  Get more
visitors<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=49679/*http://searchmarketing.yahoo.com/arp/sponsoredsearch_v2.php?o=US2140&cmp=Yahoo&ctv=Q107Tagline&s=Y&s2=EM&b=50>on
 your site using Yahoo!
Marketing.<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=49679/*http://searchmarketing.yahoo.com/arp/sponsoredsearch_v2.php?o=US2140&cmp=Yahoo&ctv=Q107Tagline&s=Y&s2=EM&b=50>

Auto-Check.<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=49982/*http://advision.webevents.yahoo.com/mailbeta/newmail_tools.html>
> > > Try the Yahoo! Mail Beta.

<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=49982/*http://advision.webevents.yahoo.com/mailbeta/newmail_tools.html>

> > ------------------------------
> > 8:00? 8:25? 8:40? Find a flick in no time
> > with theYahoo! Search movie showtime shortcut.

> in 45,000 destinations on Yahoo!
Travel<http://travel.yahoo.com/hotelsearchpage;_ylc=X3oDMTFtaTIzNXVjBF9TAzk3NDA3NTg5BF9zAzI3MTk0ODEEcG9zAzIEc2VjA21haWx0YWdsaW5lBHNsawNxMS0wNw--%0A>to
 find your fit.

Don't pick lemons.