Hi.

I have a problem in that inside the constructor of a page(panel actually) i
invoke a stored procedure which needs to get the model for the panel. The
stored procedure may throw an error message. The error message should be
seen by the user, he can understand what he did wrong. So inside the
constructor i have something like this:

public PanelConstructor() {
      try {
      } catch(UserPresentableException e) {
           error(e.getMessage);

The problem is that if the error is thrown i get a No page found for
component. I understand that the cause of the error is that the "error
component" not being instantiated because of the constructor not being
finished(or i think that's the cause).

Any ideas of solutions that i can implement?
I know that i could set wicket to production instead of development and get
rid of the stack trace. The problem is that i would like to keep the error
message - to show the error message back to the user-. Should i instead of
doing error(e.getMessage) rethrow the message inside a new defined exception
and have a custom error page for that exception in which i would show only
the message of the error.

Is there any option that would keep me from treating the errors in the
constructor other than how i treat an error from a button push?

Thanks.