* Carlos Pita:

> Maybe this could be relevant:
>
> * I'm using jetty:run  maven plugin.  I run it  from the console
> * and from apache.  I run it on top sun jdk 1.6.0 and ibm jdk 5.

Hi Carlos,

You're  running jetty:run  so I  guess your  Eclipse classpath  is
setup with Maven as well.   So classes should go to target/classes
and the reloading filter or servlet should pick that change.

I'm using the  reloading mechanism with success  in my development
team, it works great.  However  with Spring it's sometimes tedious
to maintain a clear separation between the two tiers, and you have
to  introduce naming  conventions  that the  whole team  respects,
otherwise  they  get  nasty  ClassCastException  and  other  funny
things.

But it's  interesting also  because such  exceptions point  you to
badly designed code, when the two tiers are mixed.

I'm looking forward to help you make it work as it does for us.
Example logging below:

INFO  - ReloadingClassLoader       - Class file
/path/to/my/app/target/classes/com/company/MyApp.class has changed, reloading
DEBUG - ReloadingClassLoader       -
clzLocation=/path/to/my/app/target/classes/com/company/MyApp.class
INFO  - ReloadingClassLoader       - Watching changes of class
/path/to/my/app/target/classes/com/company/MyApp.class
INFO  - Application                - [DashboardApp] init: Wicket extensions
initializer
INFO  - Application                - [DashboardApp] init: Wicket core library
initializer
INFO  - WebApplication             - [DashboardApp] Started Wicket in
development mode
--
     Jean-Baptiste Quenot
aka  John Banana   Qwerty